6 Reasons to Use LEDs for Commercial Lighting

Request A Free Quote

Contact Us

Affordable Electrical Solutions For Residential, Commercial, And Strata Properties Across Melbourne.

Request A Free Quote.

Whether you’re starting a new business or simply updating an existing one, choosing the right commercial lighting fixture is important. However, with so many options available, it can be difficult to know where to begin. If you want to save money and ensure the safety of your employees, LED lights should always be your first choice.

Why Use LEDs for Commercial Lighting?

LED lighting is one of the most significant developments in recent decades in terms of lowering energy consumption and costs.

Here are 6 of the many reasons why LEDs have become a popular choice for property and commercial lighting.

1. Long Lasting

An LED light has a far superior lifespan when compared to a standard bulb. A halogen light bulb has a lifespan of about 1,000 hours. In comparison, an average LED light has a lifespan of 70,000+ hours depending on your usage, meaning that an LED light can last anywhere between six and twelve years before needing replacement.

2. Low Maintenance

LEDs last much longer than their traditional counterparts. As they are also much more durable, they are less likely to break or require repairs. Commercial use of LED lighting can save you a considerable amount of money in the long run, significantly reducing maintenance costs for your property.

3. Conserves Energy

LEDs produce more useful lumens in comparison to other types of lighting, generating less waste light. Lumens are the total amount of visible light emitted by a lamp or light source.

Replacing the lighting in your commercial property with LEDs can improve your overall energy efficiency by 60% to 70%. Depending on the type of lights you replace and the type of LED lights you use, the improvement could be as high as 90% in some cases. So, if you’re looking for a more energy-efficient lighting solution for your business, LEDs are an excellent option to consider.

4. Environment Friendly

LED lights contain no harmful substances and promote a high amount of environmental benefits, even in the manufacturing process. Many traditional lighting sources, such as fluorescent lighting and mercury vapour lights, incorporate mercury into their design. When disposed of in landfill waste, they pollute the environment. You don’t have to worry about that when you use LEDs.

5. No Heat Emission

Many traditional lighting sources use approximately 90% of the energy input towards generating heat, with the remaining 10% used to produce light.

LEDs produce almost no heat, converting most of the energy input into visible light. As they emit very little heat, they are safer to use for indoor lighting and in areas where flammable materials are present.

6. Fewer Lights, more illumination

Compared to traditional lighting sources that waste energy by emitting light in all directions, often illuminating regions where light isn’t needed, LEDs provide a better quality of light distribution and focus light in a single direction. It means that LEDs are a better option for commercial outdoor lighting as well as indoor lighting, as fewer LED lights are required to produce the same amount of brightness as their traditional counterparts. This also means that you can save money on your energy bill by switching to LEDs, making them an excellent choice for anyone who is looking to save money on their energy bill.

So, what’s the best way to go about choosing the right commercial lighting for your Melbourne-based business? Our team at Orlando Powered is here to help. We provide fast service with fully licensed and insured contractors who will work with you to find the perfect light fixtures for your needs.
Give us a call today and let us help make your business shine!

Talk to us about your home or business electrical solutions today!

Get in Touch.